Matthew is a registered physiotherapist who graduated with a Doctor of Physiotherapy from the University of Melbourne in Australia. Prior to becoming a physiotherapist, Matthew received his Bachelor of Human Kinetics from the University of British Columbia.
Matthew began his physiotherapy practice in Melbourne, Australia and returned to Canada in 2016. He has experience working with a diverse orthopaedic clientele, including but not limited to post-operative clients, people involved in motor vehicle and work-related accidents, athletes ranging from the recreational to elite levels of competition and professionals working in the performing arts.
Matthew’s approach to physiotherapy emphasizes a holistic assessment of the body, client education, individualized exercise prescription and manual therapy.
Outside of the clinic, Matthew enjoys hiking, snowboarding, rock climbing, and playing the acoustic guitar. Matthew also loves to play, watch and talk basketball.
- Bachelor’s of Human Kinetics, University of British Columbia, Canada – 2008
- Doctor of Physiotherapy, University of Melbourne, Australia – 2014
- Clinical Pilates Matwork Certification (Level 1), Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute – 2014
- Neuromuscular Dry Needling, Select Physio, Australia – 2015
- Team physiotherapist for the Victoria Country State basketball teams during the 2015 and 2016 Australian U18 Junior National Basketball Championships
- McKenzie Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT), Part A – Toronto, ON – 2017
- Neurokinetic Therapy (Level 1) – Toronto, ON – 2018
- Concussion Training Course for Healthcare Professionals (Level 1), Complete Concussion Management Inc. (CCMI) – Toronto, ON – 2019 (currently expired)
- The Painful Shoulder (Live + Online), Adam Meakins, 2022
- On-site physiotherapist for Toronto Company of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Mirvish Productions, 2022