We invite guests to use our centers, whether with a member or as walk-in visitors to the center. All guests must complete and sign a Guest Register and Waiver. Guests must meet with a membership advisor. Notwithstanding special circumstances or events, all Guests must be minimum eighteen (18) years of age. Guests under eighteen (18) years of age must have their adult legal guardian over the age of eighteen (18) sign the Guest Waiver.
Guests must abide by the following policies:
• No guest may attend the Club more than once in a 12 month period
• All guests accept, agree and comply with all rules and regulations of the club
• The sponsoring member is responsible and personally liable for the conduct of the guest
• Privileges extended to a guest may be withdrawn at any time at the absolute discretion of the Club.
We strive to uphold a safe, welcoming and fun environment. As such, we expect proper, respectful conduct on the premises at all times. Members agree that while using any facility or service of the Club, he/she will not conduct him/herself in any way which presents a danger to or creates a nuisance for Management or any other person using the facilities or services of the Club.
You must wear proper attire at all times, including shirts and shoes, unless noted in a specific area. Dress Code for the Club is whatever the Management deems appropriate and must be followed by the Member.
You may use our lockers only while you are on the premises; you may not leave any personal belongings in a locker overnight. We are not liable or responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged personal property, whether from lockers, vehicles or other locations on the premises. Please inquire in person at the Member Services desk for lost articles that may have been found.
We expect proper etiquette in our locker rooms. In clubs where towel service is provided, you must dispose of towels in the designated container. You may not use a cell phone or any camera in our locker rooms.
If you are injured while on the premises, please seek immediate assistance from HigherGround staff. A HigherGround staff person can provide or arrange for appropriate medical assistance and complete an incident report.
Physical Condition and Health.
The Member, upon signing of the Membership or Personal Training agreement, warrants that he/she is in good physical condition and that he/she has no liability/impairment preventing him/her from engaging in active or passive exercise or that will be detrimental or injurious in his/her health and or/safety, or that of others.
The Member agrees that he/she will not use any Club facilities or services while having any open cuts, abrasions, sores, infections or illnesses. Club management has the right to make a final binding determination in this regard.
Our personal training services include instruction, coaching, advice, lessons or demonstration concerning physical exercise, physical fitness, exercise strategies, nutrition, wellness, fitness products, fitness equipment and other fitness-related activities by personal trainers, nutrition coaches, teaching pros or other instructors (“personal training”). Personal training services are available for a fee per session, upon completion of a Fitness Program Agreement.
You may not use cellular phones in any locker rooms or while using any health or fitness equipment. Please use common courtesy when using cell phones in other areas of the center.
You may not consume alcohol on the premises.
You may not use, possess or sell any illegal drug on the premises, including but not limited to anabolic steroids or other illegal growth-enhancing substance. You may not use our equipment, services or programs while under the influence of illegal drugs. You should not use, or should stop using, any equipment, service or program if your prescription medication adversely impacts or influences your ability to safely use it.
Center Closure or Access Restrictions.
We reserve the right to close or restrict access, without advance notice, to any area of or the entire center or premises for any reason, including but not limited to closures or restrictions related to construction, remodeling, repair, or maintenance (whether planned or unplanned) or for health or safety reasons, including but not limited to weather, natural disasters, power outages, and medical issues. Your obligation to pay membership dues is not dependent upon usage, availability or access to the center.
You may not bring any animal on the premises unless it is a service animal performing its duties in the care of a person who requires its assistance or is an on-duty law enforcement animal (“exempt animals”). All exempt animals must be licensed, vaccinated and have identification tags (where applicable); must remain leashed or caged and under a non-HigherGround responsible person’s control at all times; and must be removed immediately if it causes a disturbance, interrupts the work of others or poses a health or safety risk to those who are exposed to it. The animal’s owner must promptly remove animal waste and is liable for any damage caused by the animal.
Damage to Center.
You may not damage the center in any way, including but not limited any damage to, or theft of, exercise equipment, towels, supplies or other center property, such as balls breaking lights. If you, or a guest, damages the center, you must pay for it.
HigherGround membership levels, prices, dues, fees, amenities, benefits, programs, classes, events amenities are subject to change or termination at any time.
• Dues Payments. The Member agrees to pay membership fees to HigherGround for the number of months as stated in paragraph 3-A of their Membership Agreement. The Member further agrees that the membership term shall continue on a month-to-month basis for further consecutive and successive terms of one (1) month each once the time period as stipulated in paragraph 3-A of the Membership Agreement has passed.
• NSF and non-payments. If for any reason a form of payment is not received in full within seven (7) days of the contract date, ior if any payment is returned for reasons of stop payment, account closed, NSF or any other reason, the Member will be considered in default of the Agreement and the full balance outstanding pursuant to the Agreement becomes immediately due and payable. The Member acknowledges and agrees that a service charge of $25 shall be paid to the Club in the event of either a returned payment or a missed payment. The Buyer will also be liable for all costs incurred by the Club in the collection of past obligations to the Club including court costs and reasonable solicitor’s fees.
HigherGround collects monthly membership dues and certain other payments (such as recurring payments for services such as Personal Training) within the first five days of the membership dues date as stated in the Member’s Membership or Personal Training agreement (typically on the first business day of each month) or by electronic fund transfer from the designed bank account or credit card on file for your membership (“EFT Account”). If we are unable to successfully draft payments from your EFT Account within the first five days of each month, we will continue to attempt collection thereafter, typically each Tuesday and Friday of the subsequent month(s). We are not responsible for overdraft fees. We do not issue regular monthly invoices. To establish your membership, you must provide an EFT Account. To change your designated dues-paying account, please speak to the Front Desk or Facility Manager of your home club. Dues are subject to change by HigherGround at any time. In the event of a change in dues, HigherGround may provide any notice required by law by regular mail or by email to the address(es) associated with the membership.
• Payment of Ancillary Goods/Services (Health Centre and Pro Shop). Upon signing of the Membership Agreement, Members authorize the club to prepare debits paper or electronic entry through VISA, Master Card, American Express or Chequing Account covering payment due by the Member to the Cub to cover any and all payment due for ancillary services and/or goods sold provided by the Club for the Member. Payments for such services and goods include applicable taxes (HST) and bank service charges.
• Membership Changes, and Information. Subject to applicable restrictions, you may make changes to or obtain information about your membership after you have joined HigherGround, such as changing your EFT Account or modifying your type of membership. You must make membership changes or request membership information in person at the center, not by phone, email, fax or online.
Members may not obtain membership information upon request other than as provided above. Specifically, without valid legal process, members or guests may not obtain other private, confidential, privileged and/or proprietary internal business information, including but not limited to incident reports, video surveillance footage, or membership-related photographs. Please direct any subpoena or other legal process requesting such information to HigherGround head office. We reserve the right to disclose such information in our sole discretion to aid the law enforcement process or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
• Membership Freeze or Termination. We permit you to freeze or terminate your membership upon advance written notice.
• Membership Freeze. You may suspend, or freeze, your membership under the following conditions: (A) the membership is in good standing; (B) the time stop is for a period of no less than one (1) calendar month but under no circumstances whatsoever to exceed six (6) contiguous calendar months; (C) the Member continues to honour the monthly membership fee payment to the Club as agreed upon in this Agreement following the freeze; (D) any time accrued as a result of this time stop will be added to the Member’s membership term upon delivery to the Club of written request to do so. A request to freeze your membership will only be accepted in writing in person at the centre, not by phone, email, fax or online.
• Membership Termination: After the Member’s initial monthly commitment, you may terminate your membership for any reason upon no less than thirty (30) days advance written notice to the club. A request to cancel your membership will only be accepted in writing in person at the centre, not by phone, email, fax or online.
GROUP FITNESS STUDIO
We offer introductory to advanced group fitness classes focused on cardio (e.g., athletic and choreographed), flexibility, balance and strength.
• Class Etiquette. We request that you arrive for class a few minutes early to prepare your space or equipment (e.g., bike, yoga mat/props, etc.) and, as applicable, sign in. The warm up at the outset of the class is an important part of the work out. If you arrive late, please enter the class quietly and appropriately. Because classes are designed as group activities, you should follow the instructor’s routines or instructions consistent with your personal abilities and limits. You must wait for a class to conclude before entering the studio to prepare for the next scheduled class. Please wear attire and, except for yoga, shoes appropriate for the class. You must have a sweat towel for cycle and mat work, and may keep closeable, unbreakable water bottles at the perimeter of the studio. No other personal effects are permitted in the studio. Your cell phones must be turned off or in silent mode. After class, please wipe down and return all equipment to its proper place. Only HigherGround team members may operate the stereo and lighting equipment.
• Equipment. You must follow all safety procedures for equipment use, including but not limited to using safety clips or stops on mechanical equipment and refraining from dropping free weights. If you have any questions about equipment use, please see a Life Time personal trainer to familiarize yourself with its use. You must turn off, return or replace equipment to its original condition when you are not using it, even temporarily. Please wipe down equipment with sanitary wipes before and after use.
Equipment in Disrepair. If you notice that any equipment is in disrepair, do not use it. Please report it immediately to a Life Time team member. We are not responsible for injuries sustained while using equipment, even in the event of equipment failure, malfunction or disrepair.